Thursday 1 January 2009

Essay Plan

To what extent does Apocalypto follow the generic conventions of its predecessors in the Action genre?

That is the title of my essay therefore, my essay requires the utmost detail to ensure that I am making the right conclusion on this hypothesis. The essay will include, MIGRAIN analysis, concept flow paragraphs, SHEP analysis, theorists etc. I have done alot of research so that I can get the best possible information to help me make the right conclusion.

Introduction:
In the introduction I will state my title and introduce the actual film and give the background information to the film, this means I will include the director, producer, actors, plot, what year it was made etc. So that it will be easier to make comparisons. I will also give a brief paragraph on historical texts but that will be properly in the next paragraph.

Para 1:
In this paragraph I will be speaking about historical texts which are similar to Apocalypto. This means I will be speaking about Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, The 13th warrior, The Scorpion and Braveheart. This paragraph will include SHEP analysis and will also be a concept flow paragraph. This paragraph will state the generic conventions used by Apocalypto from its predecessors which will help me come to a conclusion in the latter stages of the essay

Para 2:
In this paragraph I will be speaking about theorists that link to Apocalypto to help identify the changes in Action movies and what conventions Mel Gibson has implemented into Apocalypto. I will be including the Propp Theory to help identify the roles in the movie to see whether Mel Gibson has followed the same conventions as its predeccesors, other theorists will also be included.

Para 3:
Carrying on from paragraph 2 this paragraph will solely be based on representation in Apocalypto. I will be writing about how Mel Gibson has set up certain characters so that they are recognized for certain roles, this will once again allow me to easily spot and list the convention used by the director from its predeccesors. This paragraph will be done using MIGRAIN and will be a concept flow paragraph.

Para 4:
This paragraph will be about what generic conventions Mel Gibson has chosen to reject for example, the use of soundbridge over the trailer etc. This will help me make a final decision and the paragraph will once again be done using concept to help identify the rejections.

Conclusion:
This paragraph is the conclusion so therefore, I will be making a final decision as to whether Mel Gibson has chosen to use generic conventions from its predeccesors. In this paragraph I will be looking back over the essay, pulling out key points to help justify my decision.

No comments: